Thursday, February 23, 2006

Like Tears in the Rain

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched sea beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time
Like tears in rain.
Time... to die."


I recieved a mail asking me why the name of the Blog. It's a quote from one of Blade Runner's last scenes. I first saw Blade Runner when I was a kid and it impressed me hugel. I remember learning those lines above by heart. In italian. Then came thw time when I was able to listen and understand those lines in english, and they seemed, sounded, even better.

Untill now, they are, I think, one of the best expressed way to represent our mortality. Our experiences, everything we have been, will be lost one day, and will not matter much, but yet, a tear will always retain a little of the being who cried it, will it not?

And so this blog, maybe to retain a bit of my thoughts, over the time, before they get lost forever.

1 comment:

sas said...

Hey Guids,
This blog is a great idea, will really enjoy keeping track of you, as I'm sure will your other friends. Hope you keep those interesting ideas coming makes for an enjoyable read.

All the best
Sasha. (t&T)